We're biased, but we think our team is pretty great - and you could be a part of it. Our team at KOIBIRD are savvy, curious, positive and a humble bunch. As we make our mark and continue to grow within the industry, we seek out individuals with equal ambition. So, want to work with us? Of course you do.
We're currently recruiting for the following roles. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Koibird is seeking a talented and driven Art Director to spearhead the ecom shoot process and oversee daily content creation for our brand. Reporting to the Director of Creative, you will have the exciting opportunity to bring the KOIBIRD creative vision to life by directing ecommerce shoots and content output across digital channels, with a focus on ecommerce and social video.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of imagery and aligning creative content with the brand's aesthetic. We're seeking a dynamic individual who possesses both a creative and commercial mindset, and who prioritizes the customer in all decision-making.
As the Art Director, you will take ownership of implementing and developing on-brand content, utilizing your keen eye for creative, design, copy and concept development. If you're passionate about producing innovative and visually stunning content, while balancing the needs of the business, we want to hear from you! Join our team and help shape the future of KOIBIRD.
What you'll be doing:
- Art directing shoots and content output across digital channels, with strong focus on ecommerce shooting and social video
- Managing ecommerce shoot process from beginning to end; from commissioning creative teams, briefing photographers, to directing shoots and casting, putting together call sheets and risk assessments, overseeing retouching and ensuring all assets are delivered on time and to budget
- Assisting with production element of larger shoots and campaigns
- Supporting with content creation for social media with strong focus on video
- Collaborating with the Director of Creative and Social Media Manager in developing social video concepts and bringing them to life using in house talent and resources
- Ensuring all creative output is in keeping with the overarching brand's aesthetic and meets project requirements, providing direction, guidance and mentorship to designers and freelance photo/video teams where applicable
- Developing brand guidelines for visual output communicating buying, digital team, and the senior members of the business to ensure successful rollout
- A strong creative portfolio of previous work including key digital and social examples
- Awareness of current trends and top creative talent – photographers, DOPs, etc.
- Have a keen interest and deep knowledge of fashion and design
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Suite including Premiere and/or After Effects
- Background in design and/or video art direction preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Process driven, attentive to detail and able to deliver multi-faceted projects in a timely manner
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Confident presenting ideas internally
- Flexibility and ability to cope with changing circumstances and business requirements as the company evolves
- Proven experience in all aspects of shoot direction and production, including commissioning, negotiating rates, booking creative teams, directing photography and/or video, storyboarding, image comping, casting, location sourcing and overseeing post-production such as grade, retouching or editing, audio, legal, re-versioning assets etc.
- Previous experience with retail e-commerce shoots highly beneficial
- Highly organised and able to produce shoots from start to finish
- Ability to take direction from senior team members and to work in a collaborative manner
- A minimum of 3 years of creative industry experience, preferably in the luxury sector
Must have right to work in the UK
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Graphic Designer to join one of London’s most exciting retailers.
Assist with the development and manage the delivery of the creative strategy.
Create a toolkit for each new launch and distribute throughout the team.
Be the brand guardian to ensure all assets and messaging adhere to brand guidelines.
Assist in developing concepts and design for a range of digital and printed assets including but not limited to: presentations, newsletters, emails, display banners, social media imagery and photography, website materials, and brochures.
Edit photography and videos for a variety of online and offline channels.
Support the digital team with UX and UI design
Manage and maintain brand consistency across all platforms
Assist with admin duties when necessary
Organise, archive and keep all artwork files up to date
Keep up to date with trends in fashion, design and social media
Manage the sourcing of images suitable for Instagram feed and stories.
Create engaging Instagram stories (both animation, video and stills), following the digital content plan, always tweaking and developing the creative to make unique and forward content in line with the KOIBIRD brand.
Crop and resize images for Instagram feed
Update social banners and icons for each season/launch as directed
Work with the Content, Social and E-Comm to create videos suitable for mobile & desktop devices
Edit video/audio content to produce best-in-class content for Instagram, Facebook and TikTok, ensuring you are leading the design and creative vision.
Be proactive in bringing ideas for social posts to the table, with a focus on video and meme-based content.
Website / Email Marketing:
Work on the design of business-as-usual workflows such as email, blog posts, homepage updates and affiliate banners.
Work with E-Com to provide weekly homepage designs, ensuring key messages for the week are highlighted.
Work with Content and E-Com to build and design content and layouts for blog articles.
Work with E-Com to create weekly EDM’s testing UX and using previous reporting and best practises to constantly tweak and improve
Work with E-Com to develop transaction emails across company
Work with E-Com, Creative Director and Art Director on website design and development
Create banners and visual for editorial collection pages
Responsible for cropping, editing and retouching notes for e-com shoots
Responsible for all retouching and editing work for any visual asset where necessary
Assist in photoshoot organisation and management where necessary
Partner with in-house and external partners to build experiences: provide appropriate design specifications, create assets, and review finished interfaces
Work in collaboration with the Ecommerce and Marketing team to rename images with correct naming conventions and upload final images to Dropbox
Print & PR:
Responsible for any printed materials required in store, such as customer communications and event collateral.
Work with Art Director and Senior Graphic Designer on packaging for each season, ensuring samples and final orders are signed off, ordered and received on time
Create any visual assets required for PR such as invitations, press releases and look-books.
Create customer facing direct mail send outs.